What can I do if the father of my children refuses to give my children back? 3 Answers as of August 05, 2011

I gave my two kids to their father for a short time because I was experiencing hardship due to the fact he refuse to pay child support. I am now able to take care of my kids, but he refuse to return them to me. Legally, what can I do? and am I not able to get my kids from him without going through the courts?

Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
You need to consult with an attorney immediately in order to determine your rights and options under the facts of your case and your circumstances. The variables are too many to be answered or discussed in this forum.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
Law enforcement generally does not like to get involved if the children have been living with the other Party. If you were never married and Paternity was never established through a court of law, technically you are the sole custodian of the children and law enforcement may help you get your children. If you were married, the father has every bit as much right to have the children as the mother. Court may be your only option. I suggest you consult a local Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
you should talk with a Florida child custody attorney about how to proceed