What can I do if detectives want to set up an interview but will not tell me why? 8 Answers as of December 26, 2013

Nov. 29th, two detectives showed up on my door asking me if I could schedule an appointment for an interview. They wouldn't tell me what it was about or if I was in trouble. The card they gave me said Criminal Investigations, but I never leave my house. I'm a recluse with no car, no job, no money and no friends. They came back a week later, knocked twice, waited a minute and then left. Then THIS week, someone left a sticky note on my door with the words Civil Division, a number and a name. 9 years ago there was a drug raid on my house, but the cops received very bad intel. There was nothing to find; so they interrogated me in my home, threatened to kill me, my family, my pets, and spent hours mentally and psychologically harassing me, all so I would tell them "Where the stash was". The case never went to trial and I never sued them for throwing me naked in a toilet-less tank and coming in every 30 minutes to violently kick me awake. I live in absolute fear of them 'coming back'. Every time a car passes my window, I have to look out to see where it goes. My paranoia and anxiety can be seen everyday by my family and it wears on their patience. And then my worst nightmare arrives...after hiding in fear for years, they come back. I have no idea what for, why or what they want. I know my mom hasn't paid the mortgage in over a year, I had my identity stolen 6 years ago when I mistakenly gave my social security number to someone on the phone. We have no home phone, I have no cellphone, no car, no way of contacting these people and seeing what they want. But they know where I live and if I really DID do something, I would already be in a jail cell waiting trial. They have been trying to reach me for months and for the past 2 weeks, I have been dodging them. We cannot afford a lawyer and my mom won't even help me talk to them, as she works doubles every single day to keep a roof over our head since I'm too paranoid to go out and get a job.

Either go or do not go. I think they are going to get more info on you to arrest you. So, I would not recommend that you so.
You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Don't go. You are not required to talk to them. They are not trying to help you. They are solely trying to gather evidence to potentially be used against you.
Don't do it get a lawyer.
Obviously you are part of a criminal investigation. If you have concerns, I would encourage you to retain an attorney who can better advise you and, if necessary, go with you to meet with detectives.
    Natty Shafer Law
    Natty Shafer Law | Nathaniel Shafer
    If you don't know what they want, do not agree to an interview unless you have a lawyer present. Think of it this way, they would not be trying to interview you if they did not already think you are guilty. You will not be able to convince them you are innocent just with your words. You need a lawyer to talk for you so you do not incriminate yourself. There are so many laws that is impossible to know them all. Don't agree to talk to the police!
    It's usually never a good idea to agree to speak to the police without first consulting with a lawyer. It's especially never a good idea if you don't even know what the interview is about. Ask them to at least tell you what it is about and if they do, consult with a lawyer before agreeing to anything. If they do not tell you what it is about, refuse to speak to them and answer questions.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Lawyer up and do the interview before you get arrested.