What can I do if a Defense Attorney in one state kept on threatening about an affidavit which I have no idea what it is about? 5 Answers as of August 05, 2014

I had a defense attorney in California call me at work over and over until I would listen to his boss tell me about an affidavit. I have no idea what he wants. He threatened he would call the police, call my boss, and get me fired. What is going on? Again I have done nothing wrong. I am a forty year old dad. This person kept on saying he was going to have the police come arrest me and would be worse if I did not listen. I did look them up and are a criminal defense attorney in California and I live in Michigan.

Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
California attorneys are not permitted to threaten criminal prosecution. Make a complaint to the California State Bar.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
This is something that you may want to consider reporting to your local police. You will want to keep records of all calls made to you as well, if possible. You cannot be forced to give an affidavit by an attorney if you are not involved int he matter. You could also consider talking to law enforcement wherever the office in CA is, or possibly even contact another law firm in that area to see if this is something that should be addressed.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Hard to say with sketchy facts. An affidavit is voluntary generally attesting to facts of a legal issue. He may think you have information he can use for a client. His threats are questionable. You could call the state bar in that state for direction if he continues. Or have an attorney in Michigan call on your behalf for a small fee.
Get your own attorney in Michigan to look into the matter.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
Report him to the state bar for harassment.