What can I do if the dad enrolled our daughter in school under false name and he does not have custody? 6 Answers as of December 21, 2012

My daughters father took her from school two wks ago. Law enforcement will not enforce the residential schedule because it’s over 5yrs old and father lives in another county. The schedule says I have custody. I just found out he enrolled her under his last name. Which isn't what her legal last name is. The school she is supposed to be attending has a copy of the order and will not release records. So how can he enroll her in online school? I am not sure what kind of papers to file but I need to do soon. The school she's supposed to be attending has filed truancy papers. What should I expect from that. I'm confused as to why law enforcement won't allow me to get her or go get her themselves. Makes no sense to me. She is 15 and has been in my care her entire life. Her father has said he allowed her to smoke pot when he allowed her illegally to get a tattoo. As well as drink and smoke pot other times. Yet law enforcement will not allow me to go get her. What can I do? I don't have money for a lawyer.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Talk to the Friend of Court. The police are not educated on court paperwork. It does not matter if papers are old. If you have copy of order, ask the court to certify it. Otherwise, you need assistance from attorney.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 12/21/2012
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser | Donald F. Conviser
If you never had a Paternity case, file one, and file an RFO seeking custody orders, including orders that you are in control of the choice of her school, and seeking orders restricting the father's visitation, perhaps requiring a professional monitor to supervise his visitation. If you can't afford a lawyer, go to your Court's Self-Help Clinic for assistance from a volunteer lawyer. If you qualify, you may be able to get a Fee Waiver from the Court. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/18/2012
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
when the court issued the order it is in effect until she is emancipated so they should enforce it.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 12/18/2012
File for a court hearing to get her back.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/18/2012
Glenn E. Tanner
Glenn E. Tanner | Glenn E. Tanner
File for contempt if Father is not following the existing order.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 12/18/2012
    Peters Law, PLLC
    Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
    Call the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program. If the father is violating the custody order, you may be able to have him held in contempt, but you will probably need a lawyer to help.
    Answer Applies to: Idaho
    Replied: 12/18/2012
Click to View More Answers: