What can I do if a coworker is spreading around false accusation about what I said? 6 Answers as of May 13, 2014

A coworker is spreading around the restaurant tension which is fine, but then I found out he also spread false accusation about what I said. I have never used the n word nor would I ever now I'm being perceived as a racist.

Confront him in public and demand that he apologize and retract the false expression. If he won't, then demand that he identify any people who he claims overheard the comment, and go to speak with them. If you can establish proof that he is full of nonsense, then you can sue him for defamation of character.
If this happened in a work environment, contact your supervisor and ask him/her to investigate the alleged accusations by your coworker. If his statements were indeed false, he should retract them publically.
Lombardi Law Firm
Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
Go to your supervisor and ask the super to intervene. This is a personnel matter not one for lawyers.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Talk to your manager of HR.
Lawyer for Independent Media
Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
You should probably document this in writing and go talk to the boss. This can get very serious. Good luck to you.