What can I do if country club will not give me the break down of the bill? 2 Answers as of November 13, 2013

I joined a country club about two months ago on a free promotion that gives you the rest of 2013 for free. I have charged things to my account and I'm willing to pay but the amount they say I owe I believe is wrong and have tried to make arrangements to sit down and go over the bill in detail. They refuse to do this and have told me if I don't pay $2,000 they are going to the police for theft.

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Call an attorney. If you can afford to belong to a country club you can afford one.
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
Put your request in writing. Tell them you have asked for an itemized bill and your request has been refused. Tell them you will gladly pay all verifiable expenses. If they go to the police you can show them your letter. There has been no theft on your part and I believe that threat to be baseless in light of the information you have provided.