What can I do if client refuses to pay her past invoices for work rendered? 14 Answers as of October 08, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
File a claim in small claims or large claims court in your local circuit court assuming you are in Wisconsin.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 10/8/2013
Law Office of Raymond I. Moniak | Raymond Moniak
You should first make a written demand for payment and if that doesn't provide results you should bring a legal action for collection.? Your demand letter should include a notice that should you bring legal action the debtor is liable for court costs and, depending upon any contract you may have providing for recovery of legal fees, attorney fees. You need to see an attorney for more information on filing a lawsuit.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/8/2013
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Sue them in small claims court if the amount owed is below the small claims limits.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/8/2013
Sue the client. That would be your remedy in GA.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 10/7/2013
Law Offce of Richard N. Grey | Richard N. Grey
Contact the Labor Commissioner's Office, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement ("DLSE") and file a claim for unpaid wages.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/7/2013
    The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
    The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
    Then sue them in small claims court if it is less than $5k or Supreme Court if it is more.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 10/7/2013
    Geneva Yourse | Geneva Yourse
    Send the client a letter in the mail requesting payment with a deadline to pay. Warn the client of a lawsuit for non-payment. Then if payment is not received by that date, file a claim against the client.
    Answer Applies to: North Carolina
    Replied: 10/7/2013
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    Stop additional work and sue if necessary. See an attorney with details.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 10/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney