What can I do if the city will not allow us to open our business? Posted on February 04, 2011

My business submitted a bid for a property to lease with an option to buy. The deal got approved by the city counsel, mayor and the city's financial manager, and also posted in the local paper. There is now a new city financial manager that has come in and changed all of our original approved conditions, basically took them away and wants to charge us the same without the original. Even with that being done we were going to still lease the property. The city attorney gave a deadline of February 1st to get all the paperwork signed and the lease was to commence February 1st. it is now the 4th I took them everything they needed before the deadline, more like over a week before the deadline date. Proof of insurance which I am going to have to pay for and not yet able to generate any money. Not to mention we told our clients, we've advertised and they are not holding up their end of the deal. I cant get anyone on the phone only email. I have all correspondence from emails from the city attorney to all the original paper work. Please help me.