What can I do if the car that was just bought has an engine problem and the car dealer refuses to get it back? 4 Answers as of September 18, 2013

I bought a car 2 days ago and now have engine problems. The car dealer won't let me return it. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
Review the language of your purchase agreement to see what your options are. If there are none, you would have to prove fraud to return the car.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 9/18/2013
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
Hire a lemon law attorney in your area and sue them.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/13/2013
Law Office of Barry R. Levine | Barry R. Levine, Esq.
Probably the best approach is to satisfy the requirements of the lemon law. Returning it at this point would result from the dealer seeking to engender good will. Have you asked the dealer to rectify the engine problems.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 9/12/2013
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
The answer depends on whether you bought it "as is." If you did, your only recourse is if there was some attempt to conceal a known defect. You probably have a lawsuit on your hands, and should consult an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/12/2013
Click to View More Answers: