What can I do if a car company is forcing me to exchange for another car? Posted on July 20, 2011

We purchased a used car from river gate Toyota almost a month ago, it's a 2003 izusu rodeo, we received a call last week saying that they had gotten a call from us stating we had issues mechanical issues with it, we have not contacted them about any issues, they said if we would like they have a 2000 mitsubishi montero sport we could exchange for. So I took the izusu in and got it cheated out it only has minor things that we are willing to fix. I called the manager back and let him know that I have no interest in exchanging the vehicle and he said that was fine. My husband recieved a call today saying we couldnt get financed for the izusu but we can get financed for the Mitsubishi, they are the same price, we asked why and they said they couldn't explain it. So we called a place they said had approved us for the vehicle initially they had the pre approval on file but the dealership never sent the application to them stating to wells Fargo that they went with another company. What are our rights? What can we do in this situation? We do not want the other vehicle. Things seem to be shady to me.