What can I do if the apartment had roach infestation and the complex knew and didn't say anything? 2 Answers as of February 14, 2014

I move into a 3 bedroom townhouse last June after a couple weeks I noticed roaches. Shocked, I called the office and they said they would send someone out to exterminate. Me not knowing about roaches I let them come in thinking they just die ohh no I had no money to move. I begged them to put me in another unit they said no cost. I was late a couple times on my rent. I found out from neighbors 2 previous tenants moved out because of this same problem. I have no money to just up and move the front desk is no help at all. I have 2 small children.

Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
If the landlord is sending an exterminator regularly then that is all he can do. If your (written) requests for an exterminator are not complied with, you can terminate the lease and move. Expect the landlord to sue so document the problem with pictures, witnesses etc.
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
Contact your county health department to inspect the premises. If appropriate, the county may require the landlord to cover relocation benefits.