What can I do if another business is disrupting mine? Posted on April 08, 2011

I have a business law question. I have a business in Indiana. The store across the street from me has their delivery drivers deliver on my side of the road in order not to disrupt the flow of their business. Unfortunately their semi's completely close off my entire parking lot sometimes for up to 2 hours at a time. we only have 2 ways to get into our parking area and sometimes both sides are completely blocked by their semi's for up to 2 hours at a time. Also, their employees park right next to our building effectively cutting off half of our parking lot. Just yesterday, one of our customers in a van almost ran over the car of the employee across the street because people can't get out. He came in and yelled at me to move my car because it's blocking the way out. It is not my car but the car of the employee of the business across the street. I tried to speak to the owner of the business, but the manager is the person blocking my lot. She won't let me speak to the owner at all. I have searched everywhere trying to find out what I can do about this but have found nothing. I know that one business cannot disrupt the business of another but I don't know what to do at this point.