What can I do if an immigration attorney provided bogus social security cards? 2 Answers as of January 26, 2011

Many immigrants had to pay cash to lawyers to become citizens. The lawyers saw to it that the cards were issued - now finding they were bogus. In some instances a real Soc Sec was obtained through honest lawyers after cost in lots of more money. The new card is stamped "for work only". Are taxes paid through the bogus card lost with no method of recovering it for supporting my children - both US born citizens? And - how to rectify this "2 card problem". Many of these immigrants have been here trying for citizenship for over ten years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
You can file a complaint with the Attorney General in your state. You should also go to Social Security to straighten out the two number problem and try and make sure your earnings are credited to the correct number. If you are a permanent resident then the social security card should not have a restriction on it. If you require immigration assistance for any of these persons they may contact me as indicated below.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/26/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
What is your concern here? If the social security card is "bogus", then you don't have two cards problem. You should call ICE to report fraudulent conduct of this attorney.

You are more than welcome to contact us to take your issue further.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: