What can I do if all the appliances where stolen from a short sale house I am buying? Posted on January 20, 2011

I am purchasing a short sale. I asked for all the appliances. Bank and seller both agreed to all my terms, but price. I have a counter offer from the bank on the tab now for the price. Since my original offer the appliance (stove, frig, dishwasher and hot water tank) have been stolen. Sellers realtor advised they would replace everything. Now when we received the counter offer, the realtor advised the insurance check was not enough to cover the stove, frig and dish washer. They will replace, furnace, air conditioner and Hot water tank. The furnace and air coeditor was never mention back in December. I am not sure what to do at this point. Original contract listed all the appliances and every one agreed to those terms now, they are saying oh well they were stolen and we are not going to replace them. I do not want to lose this house. Any advice would be great.