What can I do? A hospital accidently cut off my daughters finger in Illinois. 5 Answers as of January 22, 2011

What can I do? I had my daughter and she is in the newborn wing of a hospital. The nurse giving her care cut off her finger when cutting the tape and her hand.

Willens Law Offices
Willens Law Offices | Matthew Willens
This sounds like a very serious matter and I would speak with an experienced medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. Until you do, I would avoid speaking with the hospital's risk administrator. Please feel to contact me directly if you wish to discuss this matter.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
You should contact an attorney. Based on these facts, it appears that the nurse committed negligence, and you (or your daughter) has a right to be compensated. I feel very bad for your situation. Please let me know if I can help.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
Based on information provided you on behalf of your minor daughter has a cause of action against the hospital. This matter should be reviewed by an attorney who practices in this area. If you wish to discuss this matter please contact us. You can visit us on the web.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
I am sorry to hear about the terrible injury to your daughter. You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you.

Thank you for your email, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
You may pursue a medical malpractice claim against the healthcare professionals and hospital that deviated from the standard of care owed to you and your daughter.