What can I do for my mother? 3 Answers as of July 01, 2011

She came from mexico to the U.S with her passport, so shes not here illegally about 19 years ago im now turning 18 at what age can I help her become a legal resident and what do I have to do? And how much what it cost to hire a immigration attorney?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You have to be 21 years or older in order to petition for your mother.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/1/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
When you turn 21, you are allowed to sponsor your mother for a green card. However you will definitely need a full consult with a competent immigration attorney to determine if your mom is allowed to file in the US. Legal entry is not the only analysis for that benefit. Otherwise she would need to leave the US and apply abroad, thereby triggering a ten year bar. I also wonder if your mom doesn't have eligibility under some other category, given that she has lived her for so long!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2011
Law Office of J Thomas Smith
Law Office of J Thomas Smith | J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.
At present there is nothing you can do to bestow immigration benefits on your mother. In order to petition for a green card for your mother, father or immediate relative, you must be a U.S. citizen and you must be 21 years of age or older. For specifics on costs and other issues consult an experienced immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: