What can I do as a stay at home mom to get a divorce and child custody? Posted on August 04, 2011

Stay at home mom wants to get a divorce. I have 1.5 year old child, who is in my care 24/7. Father is not a bad moral character, but shows no interest in marriage. I have an LPN nursing license, but haven't worked for 2 years, I am also part-time in school. I depend 100% financially on my husband, but would love to find a job and separate. Other details: I have no family or many friends around where I live, I moved here for my husband. He has a lot of support and connections. We have a 20 year age difference and come from different parts of the world (he is middle eastern muslim, I am russian christian). I have no criminal records and a green card, he is under USCIS supervision, has only work permit, was issued deportation few times and was imprisoned for few months. Today he didn't let me take our child to the hospital after she hit her head against the wall corner, because he didn't consider it serious.