What can I do after the other party lied about finances in a child support case? 5 Answers as of March 03, 2011

If I find out other party lied on their financial records in court what can I do?

Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
Depending on when you find out, you can make an application for reconsideration, or alternatively, file for a modification based on changed circumstances. You may also consider addressing the issue of perjury, if false testimony was given in a court reported hearing.
If you suffered economically as a result of the other party's fraudulent or perjurious claims of lack of income or diminished income, resulting in an inadequate or excessive support order, Family Code Sections 3690, 3691 and 2102(c) may provide authority for setting aside the support order if you act diligently. Also, Family Code Sections 2120 and 2122 may provide authority for setting aside a Judgment or portions of a Judgment if you act diligently. You should promptly consult and retain an experienced Family Law Attorney to represent you if you seek to set aside a support order or Judgment based on the other party's fraudulent or perjurious claims of lack of income or diminished income.
Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP
Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP | Hal D. Bartholomew
If you discover the other lied or misrepresented to the Court about the finances, you are able to file a motion with the court to reconsider what occurred at the court. Consult with an attorney as far as the actual procedure that must be used. The Family Law Facilitator at the Court could also be helpful.
File a motion with the court to modify child support based on "changed circumstances" (i.e., newly discovered financial info) to get support set at the proper amount based on the true financial data. Good luck.
You can go back to court.