What can I do after my parents have been deported from the US? 3 Answers as of February 24, 2011

If one’s parents were deported, how long will it take for them to be allowed back? And can you file for a green card for them.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
I would have to know the reason for the deportation but if you are a U.S. citizen you may petition for them as immediate relatives. If their deportation was based on an overstay in the U.S. or a criminal record they will also need a waiver in addition to the regular immigrant visa processing. They will also need a qualifying relative for any required waiver. I would recommend a consultation to sort out the facts of their case and then we can more accurately advise you on what is needed, timing, and costs.

If you would like a consultation on the facts of your specific case feel free to contact me as indicated below. I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/24/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
If you are citizen, you can apply for them. However, they are to be subject to 3-10 years immigration bar depending on the reasons of deportation. You need consult a lawyer to apply a waiver for them so that they can come.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/6/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Probably, at least 10 years.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 2/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: