What can I do after my husband changed the accounts? 2 Answers as of July 14, 2011

From a joint acct to his own. I am unemployed and barely pay for food and gas for myself and my 3 kids. He moved out approx Dec/Jan but has always showed up for a day or two to collect things then just leaves. He has had a full time job and makes good money I was a stay at home mom for the first 15 years and then worked for 5 until I was in a car accident that left me unable to function for 11 mos. I was released but have now undergone rotator cuff surgery (4weeks out) yesterday he changed the accounts and stated he would pay me 38% of his checks but he had to clear up an overdraft of 1180 which he spent at bars and going out so he has nothing to give us this month. He won’t show me his commission statement which is where he makes the bulk of his money and he says he has no money to pay any of the bills for the house. The kids and I can only stay here till forced out by bankruptcy but he said he would pay the utilities now he changed his mind again. I am in a fog. I didn’t ask for this now my kids and I are going to be the ones to suffer. I don’t have any money for an attorney I am scared to death.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
If you have not already filed for divorce, you should do that right away. The court clerk will have the forms for you. Once you've filed, you can then file an emergency motion for support, again the clerk should have the forms you need for that.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 7/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: