What can I do after getting a judgment for being late to court? 3 Answers as of July 22, 2011

They put a judgement against me for failure to appear but I was just running late 30 minutes because I had a flat tire on my way to court & the courtroom was completely empty even there was people on 10:00 am docket. please give me some advice on how can I get back on the docket even there's a judgement against me already. Thank xx

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by a judgment against you for failing to appear on a Colorado criminal docket. That doesn't occur. You may potentially receive a warrant for failing to appear on a criminal case. If that's the case, you can consult an attorney to see if it's possible to get the warrant recalled and a new court date set to try to avoid having to spend time in jail. If you're referring to a default judgment being entered on a civil case for failing to appear, you need to again, consult an attorney, about trying to set aside the judgment.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/18/2011
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
If it is a traffic matter and it is within 7 days of your court date you can go in and just ask at the court clerk's office and they have a form you can fill out which will get it back on track.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: