What can I do after being hit by an uninsured driver? 2 Answers as of July 12, 2013

I, my person, was hit by an uninsured driver on July 22, 2010. My lawyer as of July 27, 2010 called me April 7, 2011, and told me I have nothing coming because the driver's insurance company claims the info recorded on the police report is bogus. What is my recourse? This accident occurred in Chicago, Illinois. I want to know how I can collect, if I can collect, any and all monies I may be entitled to receive. Since I was knocked down hard on my hands and knees, because I now have a permanent limp, and I still suffer continual, periodic, traveling pain; and because the driver gave erroneous info to the police I think she should be made to pay the most. HELP! I do not want to step on my lawyer's toes, but I think from July 2010 until April 2011 is a long time. Just when I thought it was time to collect, I received a brief, disheartening, "blow-off type" phone call. My lawyer told me the letter from the driver's insurance company, stating the driver was uninsured, was dated March 29, 2011. What can I do? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
If you had insurance you can make a claim under your uninsured/ underinsured coverage. If not, you can sue the other driver directly. Without insurance you will probably have difficulty collecting.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/19/2011
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 7/12/2013
Click to View More Answers: