What can I do about a vehicle repossession after bankruptcy discharge? 8 Answers as of September 02, 2015

During a bankruptcy filing years ago, I relinquished my rights to a vehicle that my ex decided to keep. He also filed Ch.13 bankruptcy but has not made good on the payments. Does this repossession effect my credit even though I surrendered it and have been discharged?

It will show up as a repo. Sorry for the delay in answering.
If you surrendered then you should not be liable in chapter 7 but if chapter 13, you should check with your attorney if it was done procedurally correct.
No, it should not affect your credit. But it's always a good idea to check your credit report to be sure that false information does get in it.
Unfortunately, yes (assuming you were on the loan).
When there is a bankruptcy discharge and no reaffirmation, further information about the debt, good, bad or otherwise, should no longer appear on your credit reports. But as we all know, what is not supposed to happen sometimes does happen. To resolve any hiccup that might occur, you would need to submit a written dispute to the credit bureau reporting this information, either through their online site or by mail.
    Freeman Law Group, LLC
    Freeman Law Group, LLC | Derek Freeman
    You already suffered any possible negative effects of relinquishing title on the vehicle, when you filed bankruptcy. Since you are no longer on the title, and not on the loan, you should not suffer any further effects from it.
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
    No, you are relieved of that debt.
    It is doubtful it should even be reported on your credit record. If it is a letter of explanation is in order. In the overall, you bankruptcy is the most important item on your credit report and will remain so for ten years following your discharge.