What can I do about a used car dealership committing fraud against me? Posted on July 11, 2011

A used car lot sold me a car, then later denied credit for it and refused to give me the $1300 cash I had paid them back. They strong armed me into buying a different car that I didn't really want. They told the finance company we paid $3000 cash when actually we didn't but they had a post dated check. They did that because they knew they were charging too much for the car. Almost immediately I lost my job and could not pay the check. They have put it through my bank twice, supposedly turned it over for collection, and then carried it in to my bank a third time, costing me money in fees. I just got a new job and hope I will be able to make the payments which are quite high - I feel I got ripped off and wonder if I have any recourse.