What can I do about a ticket issued 6 months after? 5 Answers as of January 14, 2013

I had a few drinks hanging out with a guy I barely knew. I asked him to leave and refused so I called the cops. Happened July 31 and the cop looked under my car before driving this man home. The cop found a glass bowl with only resin inside. Took it and gave me no ticket. Now on Jan 4 almost 6 months later I get home from a trip to see family. A cop sees me and stopped in my driveway and says I have a warrant! On 9/22/12 I got a speeding ticket and no warrant them..... Had to call mom to bring500 dollars so I would not go to jail. And when they took me to get fingerprints. The cop wrote me a ticket issued for 7/31/12 for possession of marijuana! It was a bowl of resin found outside of my home.

I would fight the matter. They will not be able to prove it was your pipe. Get a lawyer.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
They need to prove you have a connection to the bowl, for anyone could have placed it there. It has been tested to prove marijuana. Their proof is that it is yours. Do not talk to anyone, exercise your right to attorney.
Derik Girdwood Law Office
Derik Girdwood Law Office | Derik Girdwood
You should get a lawyer. At worst, the charge will be possession and most likely you will not see jail. Expect to me drug tested for weed too.
The timing is not an issue. They can bring charges for up to 6 years later. You sound like you have better defenses than timing. I urge you to hire a lawyer local to the court you are in.
Douglas M. Philpott, P.C. | Peter J. Philpott
You should fight the case it is highly unlikely that they still have the pipe, and I doubt they sent it for testing at the crime lab. You also want to look for alternative resolutions so you don't end up with this on your record.