What can I do about this and is this fraud or criminal intent? 2 Answers as of July 14, 2017

I found an ad on Facebook. I asked about the camshaft. He stated it is good, he sent pictures that were not good enough to tell bad from good but he said it was good. I sent him the money. Two days later, I got the junk camshaft with multiple bad lobes. He is from another state.

It is fraud. You have to sue him in Michigan and when you get a judgment, you have to transfer the judgment to his state and collect it there. It may be too much hassle to do. I did it myself, and with the help of a good sheriff deputy, got the bad guy thrown in jail.
DEAN T. JENNINGS, P.C.
DEAN T. JENNINGS, P.C. | Dean T Jennings
File lawsuit to recover your money. Not criminal and probably not fraud. Lesson learned, don't ever buy something on the internet. Especially Facebook.
Answer Applies to: Iowa