What can I do about taxes and payroll? Posted on April 01, 2011

I started a new job with a auto transport company in Loveland, Co. They did not have me fill out any tax forms and do not take any taxes out of my paycheck, but state that I need to pay my own taxes every 3 months. I know that even if you are considered a contractor there are tax forms to be filled out, but as I am not a contractor due to the fact that they provide my equipment, they arrange the shipments, and they tell me which hours to work, shouldn’t I still fill out tax forms with them as they would pay half of the taxes taken from my earnings? Also, they pay me with a handwritten payroll check that my bank puts a hold on, so I was forced to get an account at their bank so they can make a direct deposit, even though I already have my own account at another financial institution. I was told I make 20% of each car I transport to its destination, but they give me a hand written account of each weeks transports so I have no way of knowing what they are actually charging for the transport. none of the handwritten paperwork I receive has an invoice number or any way to track the information besides a date. Upon looking into the company online I see a lot of negative reviews, including the Northern Co. BBB, including items as customers saying this company is holding their vehicle "ransom" until the give the company more money upon arrival at its destination. Also reports of customers contacting the Larimer County Police dept. Please what are my options ?Any help is appreciated.