What can I do about the Seizure of my bank account? 14 Answers as of May 17, 2011

I am being threatened by a creditor to seize my bank account. They do have a judgment against me? What should I do?

Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
Bankruptcy will stop a levy on your bank account. To see if bankruptcy is right for you, call me.
Take the money out of the bank! See a lawyer about filing bankruptcy. Most judgements are dischargeable.
Benson Law Firm
Benson Law Firm | David Benson
You can file bankruptcy ASAP if you have a lot of debt and the automatic stay should prevent the seizure of funds.
Mercado & Hartung, PLLC | Christopher J. Mercado
If the property in the account is exempt, you fill out an exemption form and have it protected. If not, the only recourse will be to attack the validity of the judgment. If you are in WA, I am happy to speak to you about this. Contact me, we offer free consultations.
Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed
Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed | Robert Weed
Is this a threat over the phone? that usually means they do not have a judgment against you, because if they did they wouldn't threaten you, they'd just do it. You should talk to a lawyer about whether this is a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
    The Carmichael Firm
    The Carmichael Firm | Booker Carmichael
    A bankruptcy filing will imediately stop the threats. Call my office for help.
    1. Take the money out quickly; and/or 2. file a bankruptcy case; or 3. work out a settlement.
    Law Offices of Joseph A. Mannis
    Law Offices of Joseph A. Mannis | Todd Mannis
    If they have a judgment against you, they can and probably will obtain a writ of execution which will allow them to levy those funds in your bank account. And, outside of bankruptcy, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. In other words, it might be time.
    Filing bankruptcy is certainly an option you should explore. I suggest consulting with a bankruptcy attorney in your area. In the meantime, I wouldn't leave a lot of money in your account!
    Law Office of Eric Ridley
    Law Office of Eric Ridley | Eric Ridley
    From the facts you gave here, it's impossible to tell if they have a judgment against you or not. Were you served? Were you sued at all? If you were never served, there should be no judgment yet. If the creditor has no basis for these threats, they may be in violation of the Federal rules governing debt collection. You should talk to an attorney and provide more details of your situation. This will allow the attorney to perform a full analysis.
    Remove your money from your bank accounts. You may wish to consider filing for bankruptcy protection. If you are looking for a bankruptcy attorney, please contact me for a free consultation.
    You can take your money out of the account. They may attempt to garnish your wages or attach the judgment to your house. If you can't pay the judgment, bankruptcy may be your only option. Try to work out a payment plan.
    Law Office of Harry L Styron
    Law Office of Harry L Styron | Harry L Styron
    You should consult a bankruptcy attorney immediately.
    Cohen & Kendziorra, P.A.
    Cohen & Kendziorra, P.A. | Robert S. Cohen
    You need to stop putting any more money into the account or file bankruptcy to stop all collections.