What can I do about my simple possession of marijuana charge? 5 Answers as of August 08, 2013

I am looking for what I should do. I have a prescription for medical marijuana but got a ticket because I guess I was in a Federal Park. Should I just pay the $125 ticket or fight it. If I pay it what are the consequences?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
While you may have a prescription, you were charged for smoking in an area not permitted by law. There is nothing to fight, either you were in the Park or you were not. Are you sure that all you have to do is pay a fine? This charge is usually a misdemeanor and will show on your criminal record and would appear in any background check.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/8/2013
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Just because you have a medical marijuana card, it does not mean that you are free to possess and use wherever you desire. Whether or not you have a defense, I have no idea, since I do not know the facts of your case.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/8/2013
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Ask for diversion.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/8/2013
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
Fight it. Marijuana possession conviction is not a good for future endeavors.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/8/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
You certainly want, if at all possible, to keep a drug charge off your record.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/8/2013
Click to View More Answers: