What can I do about my simple possession of marijuana charge? 5 Answers as of August 08, 2013

I am looking for what I should do. I have a prescription for medical marijuana but got a ticket because I guess I was in a Federal Park. Should I just pay the $125 ticket or fight it. If I pay it what are the consequences?

While you may have a prescription, you were charged for smoking in an area not permitted by law. There is nothing to fight, either you were in the Park or you were not. Are you sure that all you have to do is pay a fine? This charge is usually a misdemeanor and will show on your criminal record and would appear in any background check.
Just because you have a medical marijuana card, it does not mean that you are free to possess and use wherever you desire. Whether or not you have a defense, I have no idea, since I do not know the facts of your case.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Ask for diversion.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
Fight it. Marijuana possession conviction is not a good for future endeavors.
You certainly want, if at all possible, to keep a drug charge off your record.