What can I do about my deceased spouses civil suit? 1 Answers as of August 05, 2015

When my husband passed away there were no assets to require an Estate (we live in FL). However there is a civil suit to collect a promissory note assigned to him. Since I inherited his assets can I file a new suit against the defendants? The Court will not allow me to continue the current suit since I have not been named his "personal representative:.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Pamela Braynon | Pamela Y. Braynon
The only way you will be able to collect on the suit is to open an estate and be named the personal representative of his estate. You will have to hire an attorney to do this.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/5/2015
Click to View More Answers: