What can I do about my attorney not using a vital piece of evidence in my trial resulting in my conviction? 6 Answers as of May 29, 2014

Auto accident where my friend was driving my truck, I was a passenger, lost control and flipped my truck several times. We were both ejected, he was killed. The EMS was the first respondents. There report stated I was the passenger but my lawyer did not summit it into evidence. I only found out about its existence after I served my time.

Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
There is a procedure called 'post conviction relief.' This may very easily be the type of case that procedure may address. The grounds would be 'ineffective assistance of counsel.'
You can sue for malpractice.
The report is NOT evidence. It is hearsay. Where the writer got the evidence may be evidence.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Not much if you didn't appeal.
I would need a lot more information before I could answer your question. It is quite possible that the judge did not allow the admission of the document. I don't know.
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    You can file a petition for post conviction relief based on ineffective assistance of counsel. You will need to retain legal counsel for this.