What can I do about my attorney not using a vital piece of evidence in my trial resulting in my conviction? 6 Answers as of May 29, 2014

Auto accident where my friend was driving my truck, I was a passenger, lost control and flipped my truck several times. We were both ejected, he was killed. The EMS was the first respondents. There report stated I was the passenger but my lawyer did not summit it into evidence. I only found out about its existence after I served my time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
There is a procedure called 'post conviction relief.' This may very easily be the type of case that procedure may address. The grounds would be 'ineffective assistance of counsel.'
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 5/29/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You can sue for malpractice.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/16/2014
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
The report is NOT evidence. It is hearsay. Where the writer got the evidence may be evidence.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/8/2014
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Not much if you didn't appeal.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/6/2014
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
I would need a lot more information before I could answer your question. It is quite possible that the judge did not allow the admission of the document. I don't know.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/6/2014
    Barton Barton & Plotkin
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    You can file a petition for post conviction relief based on ineffective assistance of counsel. You will need to retain legal counsel for this.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 5/6/2014
Click to View More Answers: