What can I do about my animal cruelty charges? 6 Answers as of June 24, 2013

I am facing animal cruelty charges even though I did nothing of the sort! I have proof that the girl who charged me knew more than she stated, but my current lawyer is refusing to take phone calls or call me back and won’t do ANYTHING for me. Just told me (I am very pregnant) to get things dealt with the drs and make sure my child has a place to go. My husband has also been charged, together actually but we were refused the same lawyer. His lawyer has high hopes to help him. I am stressed, pregnant and have a toddler with some health issues. I'm freaking out about the case any suggestions? And I DID seek out new lawyers none of which will help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You sought out attorneys, and did not have the money to pay the attorneys. Attorneys rarely care about much other than their money.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/24/2013
Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser
Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser | Jacob R. Lauser
I would need more information to answer this question more thoroughly, but if it is just an animal cruelty charge, it shouldn't carry significant charges or even jail time unless it was really severe. Also, if your attorney is not doing a good job, you might want to speak with them about different representation. Speak with another attorney in your area for better help with this matter. Good Luck! Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is meant for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice within the bounds of a professional relationship. It is always best to seek counsel with a competent attorney experienced in your area of issue and fully informed about the facts of your case.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 6/22/2013
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
If you can afford to pay counsel, surely there are many lawyers who would be available to help you. If you have appointed counsel and you are unhappy with such counsel, ask the judge for new counsel. You will probably need to go to trial with counsel to defend the charges.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/21/2013
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
A lot depends on your approach to your lawyer. I assume that you have a good defense lawyer, if he practices before the bar, he must be good. Approach him in person, apologize for any misunderstanding that may have arisen between the two of you, and start anew. ?Take a deep breath, relax and let the lawyer do his job, that is what he is supposed to do, and will do, if you just approach him in a calm and rational manner. Take a hint from your husband, who is having success with his lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/22/2013
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 6/22/2013
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    If you have a lawyer you need to speak to your lawyer, if you want a new lawyer you need to find a new lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota
    Replied: 6/22/2013
Click to View More Answers: