What can I do about harassment from a former employer? 2 Answers as of January 04, 2012

My former boss has been calling me for weeks asking about a cell phone of his that I no longer have. Now he called both of my parents from another state to try and get them to put pressure on me. (he got their #s from emergency contacts in my file) Now I am hearing he is telling other former co-workers how bad of an employee I was and how much I needed to be gone (sounds kinda like defamation but I am no legal expert)

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Neighborhood Law Office, P.C.
Neighborhood Law Office, P.C. | Jim Underhill
Why is he calling? It sounds like you don't work there anymore? This could be illegal harassment, but there are a lot more facts that have to be known before we can give more detailed advice. Like many attorneys we will sit down and review the bills, the letters and your situation with you without charge. Your best bet is to find a good lawyer who provides advice on this kind of issue on a regular basis and review your specific facts; the lawyer will be able to give you an analysis of the law and your options.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 1/4/2012
The Law Offices of Laura A. Walker | Laura A. Walker
Its not defamation but this could be harassment. I would call him and put him on notice that if you doesn't stop calling you and your family you will have no choice but to call the police.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 1/4/2012
Click to View More Answers: