What can I do about a ground line boring company that damage to sewer line? 5 Answers as of February 25, 2014

A ground line boring company hit and broke my sewer line. It took nearly 7 months until my sewer line plug up because of the damage. Are they liable? My cost of repair was near $5,000.00. They tell me they are not responsible.

Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Not a landlord tenant Q. Get a lawyer and sue.
You need to get an expert that can testify that it is the boring company's fault. Once you have that, sue them. I assume your home owner's insurance didn't cover it.
Yes they are. Go talk to a good lawyer near you who goes to court a lot.
If you are the tenant it is the landlord's issue. If you are the owner, you may want to sue in Small Claims.
Unless your sewer line was in an unusual place, they should have known that there line would cut through it. I would think that they are responsible. What reason do they give that they are not? Check if your home insurance covers the loss. You need to send them a demand letter and it probably is worthwhile to spend the money to have it come from an attorney. Ultimately, you will probably have to sue in small claims court.