What can I do about dropping charges? 2 Answers as of July 14, 2011

My boyfriend attacked me and I called the police. He is in jail now for that and also for violation of probation. He could go to jail for a very long time because of the VOP and what he did to me. I don't believe that he will try to contact me or harm me if he gets out. His parents want me to tell them that I was lying in order to get the charges dropped but wouldn't that get me in trouble? What can I do to end this without getting myself in trouble.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
he violated a law of the state. the state can only drop charges. you can ask them to consider dropping charges. you can minimize what happened, you cannot lie.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/14/2011
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A. | Bruce H. Lehr
Since the case is State of Florida aginst your boyfriend, not you vs. him, so you can ask that the case be dropped but you don't have the power to accomplish that.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: