What can I do about being appointed a Guardiam Ad Litem by the court? 1 Answers as of May 03, 2011

I would like to know if a court can arbitrarily appoint a Guardian Ad Litem to represent me in a foreclosure case on a house that my deceased father bought without any family members knowledge. My name is not any documentation regarding the house and I was not an heir to my father's estate. My home of record is in Virginia, however, I am currently living and working in Germany for the US Air Force. Can this Guardian Ad Litem make decisions, either for or against, me? Or should I get my own lawyer to put a stop to this? Thank you for your assistance.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
If the home has value, you should probably hire your own lawyer, if it does not, and you want to abandon it, then let them cover the costs
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: