What can I do about 12 Year old Bench Warrant? 6 Answers as of June 11, 2013

12 Years ago I had a DUI. I completed all terms of the probation and the judge said to just pay the remainder of my fine and I was done. I paid at the cashier and was told all was good and done. I've recieved traffic citations and nothing ever came up until two years ago when I ran a light. I called the police station, they said there was no warrant on me. Fine. The other day I was pulled over again and was told there was a warrant out for 5000 dollars on me. The officer looked it up and told me where it was issued, etc but because I was in another county they would not bother to arrest me. It turns out I had 15 dollars left on my fine. I'm not turning myself in at the police station over a fifteen dollar remainder.... I'm assuming I can just go early during the week, see the clerk, have them put me on the docket and clear the matter up with the judge and pay the fifteen dollars. Is this correct?

Basically, yes. Doing that voluntarily will result in a better outcome than you being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant.
You can calendar the matter though you are technically in violation of probation. If all you own is $15.00 it is not likely he will throw the book at you though there might be an additional penalty. As long as there is a warrant though you can be arrested at any time. You were lucky the first cop didn't do so. I have seen people arrested for even less.
The Law Offices of Victor J Mazzaraco
The Law Offices of Victor J Mazzaraco | Victor J Mazzaraco
That's how i'd handle it if I was in your shoes. If you have to check in with another agency (probably don't but this is the way it would go down if there was something else you had to do) the judge would be impressed with your presentation and tell you what to do and how to do it, and when, basically, expedite the entire process for you. With his input you won't have to wonder about whether or not you are fulfilling all requirements. Good luck.
Yes, that's correct. You may want to have an attorney help you but you certainly don't have to. Good luck.