What can I be charged with a check for $966 that was signed by me, deposited into their account and took money out? 1 Answers as of August 05, 2014

Parents say I forged a check to my dad, put into their account and took money out. I did not take all of it. Police want me to come in. Should I go and what could I be charged with? I never took money out without mom’s permission.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
You could face a felony theft or fraud charge. Never talk to the police, if they have enough evidence then you get charged if not then you don't . Talking to the cops will only result in giving them admission or telling them your possible defenses. Best to get a lawyer and remain silent if they want you to talk.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 8/5/2014
Click to View More Answers: