What can happen to my boyfriend if the police found a gun on him? 4 Answers as of February 23, 2012

What will happen to my boyfriend if the police found a gun on him and he's on probation what kind of chargers is he facing? And they also have a statement from me.

What kind of statement would you be giving the police? To answer the first part of your question, probably, if caught by the police, your friend will be looking at unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, if he is a convicted felon. A two year probationary sentence usually suggests to me that he is indeed a felon, although, if only a misdemeanor violator, he could still be charged with a felony for carrying a gun while not in his home or place of business. As for a statement by you to the police, if against him, I would doubt that this guy will be your friend for long.
Law Offices of Eric J. Bell | Eric J. Bell
Your boyfriend definitely has problems here. If he's on felony probation then he will probably face the charge of Unlawful use of a weapon by a felon which says if you're a convicted felon then you can't possess a firearm. Another problem is that if he's on probation then the State's attorney could use the new case to violate his probation. If they sought to proceed this way then they wouldn't have to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.
Brucar & Yetter, P.C.
Brucar & Yetter, P.C. | Wayne Brucar
He would be facing a charge of Unlawful Use of Weapons with an enhancement if he is on probation for a felony. He's Please understand that answering this doesn't create an attorney/client relationship between us, and as hard as I try to answer your question well, it isn't legal advice. No matter how much information you put into a question, the answers you are going to get are still going to be vague. It is in your interest to contact a lawyer, most of whom will do a free consultation. Even 15 minutes with a lawyer is going to produce a more specific answer to your problem.
Myles Hahn III Attorney at Law | Myles Hahn III
The extent of his sentence would depend on many factors (type of gun, where found with it, etc.) If the State proves to a judge that he violated probation, then in theory he can be resentenced to the maximum jail time for that offense.