What can happen to me if I provided a false name to police? Posted on June 28, 2011

On a weekend trip to Maine (resident of Massachusetts) I was stopped by police and charged with internal possession of alcohol, a civil violation with a small fine. I was given a ticket with a court date. Here's where it gets complicated. I didn't have ID on my person, so I provided a very slightly inaccurate name, an inaccurate address, no social, a correct birthday and a correct town of residence. Please ignore the stupidity of this choice. My question is, what happens if I miss my court date in Maine? I figure there's a possible warrant for my arrest, however the police may have difficulty finding me. If they do find me, of course, I'd have three problems on my hands internal possession, missing the court date, and providing false information. How would the police go about finding me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: