What can happen if I was in a minor accident and it was not my fault? 2 Answers as of May 07, 2017

I didn't get any ticket for careless or reckless driving. However, it was 7:30 am and one officer claimed he smelled alcohol on me. My 6-year old twins were in the car with me, as I was taking them to school. I refused the roadside breathalyzer and was taken to detox, where my blood was taken, and then I was given a breathalyzer and blew 0.00 all 3 times it was given. I have a child abuse and DUI pending ticket. I did have 2 glasses of wine the night before, stopped drinking around 9:00pm, blood was taken at approx. 8:30 the following morning. I am fairly small, 5'1" and about 110 lbs. I am beyond worried that the blood test will come back higher.

Connell-Savela
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
Based on what you have described, I expect the blood test to be at or near zero. I expect the charges to be dropped. But, they will remain on your criminal record. Sealing these from public view should be attempted. It usually takes 3-8 weeks for the blood test to be completed.
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
If you are charged with DUI and Child Abuse you should consult a lawyer. Of course, how the blood test comes back is very important, but if it does come back .000 or under .05 then certainly ALL charges should be dismissed. But if you don't have a lawyer they may offer you a deal but I would stick strongly to pushing for all charges to be dismissed.