What can happen if I violated my probation for use of marijuana? 5 Answers as of August 21, 2014

I am on 7411 yearlong probation for Mecosta County for the use of marijuana. So far I've had no drug testing or having to visit my probation officer. Five months into probation I received and MIP ticket in Saginaw County. They didn't give me a Breathalyzer and I wasn't drinking, only in possession of the alcohol. Will my probation be violated? Should I tell my PO and should I plead guilty or not guilty?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
You have to tell your PO. If they find out later then it will go harder for you. Get a lawyer. Plead not guilty since pleading guilty right up front is a chump's move.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/21/2014
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Your 7411 status can be revoked and then sentenced accordingly. Probation totally revoked and sentenced to time. You were given a chance to have a charge dismissed if complied. It is now up to the court.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/14/2014
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
Any criminal offense is likely a violation of your probation. I would highly recommend speaking with your attorney from your marijuana possession charge about any actions going forward, however whether you plead guilty or not it will still likely be a violation of your probation.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/13/2014
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
You definitely need a lawyer because this will be a violation of your probation. The worst thing that can happen is you lose your 7411 status which means the record of the offense will become public and your driver's license will be suspended. This is what you want to avoid at all costs. Be proactive and get an attorney involved now.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/13/2014
Fight the MIP charge and report truthfully to probation usually works to your benefit in the long run. Always tough to advise without all details but beat MIP and should limit problem on 7411 preservation.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/13/2014
Click to View More Answers: