What can happen if I made a false report of abuse against my father? 4 Answers as of August 28, 2013

I have to see the DA in two days, and I already have written a statement to my father’s lawyer stating that I recant my statement and had the letter notarized.

The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You should not lie to get a person arrested or to 'save' them. That is a crime called Filing a False Police Report. You should not have signed anything or trusted his lawyer, it is not a good idea to admit to a crime. You could have had your own lawyer talk to the prosecutor.
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
You can be charged with Falsely Reporting an Incident in the Third Degree a class A misdemeanor punishable up to one year in jail.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
If you made a false report, you could be prosecuted criminally this is a very serious matter. Therefore, you should immediately retain criminal defense counsel if you have not yet done so.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
You can be arrested for making a false police report. You have wasted everyone's time and got an innocent person arrested. If I were you I would not talk to the DA without a lawyer and I suggest you hire a criminal defense lawyer.