What can be done to sell heir’s property when some heirs have refused to pay yearly taxes and open their parent’s succession? 2 Answers as of February 18, 2015

We are the grandchildren and some of us have begun to pass away. This property was inherited from our grandparents. Our parents and siblings paid until they died, now we pay and want to sell. What can be done?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Attorney At Law | James G. Maguire
Someone needs to step in and get appointed as estate administrator and get these matters resolve.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 2/18/2015
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C. | Douglas L. Bryan
If the property has already been through probate and you all have jointly been placed in full ownership of the property (called "ownership in indivision"), you can file a petition to partition the property. This is basically telling the court that you no longer want to own the property jointly, and you either want the others to buy you out or want it sold.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 2/18/2015
Click to View More Answers: