What can be done on stale rent? 1 Answers as of February 24, 2014

I live in a subsidy housing. My landlord has not taken me to court and it’s been 20 months. It started from me paying rent in 2012. Every payment I made never showed up on my rent receipt. The last payment gave to the court. I won and received the payment but put in a money order addressed to a housing. They sent a check back in my name. I tried to pay the August rent but was denied. I requested in writing an impartial hearing, denied that judge told me to tell housing to fix my account in 2012. They just fixed it in 2014.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
I don't understand your Q, sorry. Is there an eviction pending? Has a money judgment been entered? You seem to indicate you may or may not owe the money. Which is it? If you owe and can't pay it, your landlord can evict you.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/24/2014
Click to View More Answers: