What can be done on an arrest warrant on first time petty theft charge? 1 Answers as of March 27, 2017

I am seeking some advice or input on how these cases usually work. I will obviously be contacting an attorney to take my case. However, I would like to get some information from anyone willing to help. I was cited for petty theft about 11 months ago. I showed up to my court date but apparently charges hadn't been filed yet. I was told the company had a year to file charges so I called every month for about 9 months. I stopped calling and received a notice in the mail about an arrest warrant being issued for me. I am wondering since it is a first time offense and the amount of the petty theft was $380, what are the odds of the warrant being cleared and what are the possibilities of the charge being pleaded down to an infraction or diversion program.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present since the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/27/2017
Click to View More Answers: