What can be done if we were given permission to occupy the home of a deceased man by the family appointed executor? 1 Answers as of September 23, 2016

We have rental agreement. Now, a person not involved with the family filed to be executor for no reason other than to kick us out. I am a disabled veteran and have a family of 5. He is fully aware of this. It's written on my rental agreement and he has been told. As a result, I'm getting worse. That being said, he filed illegally in that he gave no one notice of intent and he has gone so far as to shut off our water. I cut off his lock and turned it back on. How do I protect my family from him?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
The steps you describe, locking you out and shutting off the water, are not legal for a landlord in Oregon. See your local Legal Aid office for assistance. That said, as a probate lawyer I have faced this situation: in order to settle the probate, it is almost certain that the house is going to have to be sold. It can't be sold while you're there. The PR is between a rock and a hard place. You will have to move eventually. So get assistance with resisting the wrongful actions taken by the landlord. But start looking for housing.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 9/23/2016
Click to View More Answers: