What can be done if we got a divorce and bank released me from all obligations on the loan but both names on the deed? 2 Answers as of August 15, 2013

Me and my husband got a divorce and my husband refinanced the home in his name only the bank sent me a letter releasing me from all loan obligations. His attorney wanted me to sign a quick claim deed and somehow it never went through my ex husband died and the mortgage company wants me to sign over the deed to the house and I refused to do so. They are now tiring to sue me for the money left on the mortgage of the home. Am I still obligated for the balance of the mortgage also the bank is foreclosing on the house and states I am responsible for the loan even after I received a letter releasing me from the mortgage obligations because I refuse to sign the deed over to them. I live in the state of Indiana and can’t afford an attorney at this time due to my business closing down. I am out of a job my kids still live in the house can the bank make me responsible for the remaining balance of the mortgage what rights? Do I have when my name is still on the deed am I responsible for the loan or what can I do?

Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
Why is this question posted on the California page?
If you were truly released from liability on the home mortgage, they cannot sue you except to foreclose on the house because no one is paying the mortgage.