What can be done if my son who is now 21 has a long term effects from being bullied and the school did nothing? 8 Answers as of May 23, 2014

I had to pull him out of school.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
If it is within the Statute of Limitations, you have him sue the bullies. You probably could not sue the school or the administration, especially since you have waited too long.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/23/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
If you have $ 5000 for the retainer, you can sue.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/19/2014
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
Since he became, for statute of limitations purposes, an adult when he reached 18, he is probably barred by the two year statute for torts in California. You could also check with an attorney who handles educational law suits if you would have had a viable claim anyway.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/5/2014
The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC
The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC | Stephen R. Chesley
There was no bullying statute when your son went to school and the statute of limitations against the school has run.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/28/2014
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
Nothing can be done.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 4/28/2014
    Peters Law, PLLC
    Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
    You can get him therapy and tell him he has to move on with his life. It is too late now.
    Answer Applies to: Idaho
    Replied: 4/28/2014
    Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
    Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
    The potential liability issues are way too remote to do anything now. A few examples: statute of limitations, when did all this happen? What information did the school have available? What could they have done? What should they have done? Witnesses? Psychiatric treatment?
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 4/28/2014
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
    I need a lot more information before answering this question.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 4/28/2014
Click to View More Answers: