What can be done if I'm on F1 OPT and it expires in June 2017? 1 Answers as of March 20, 2017

I'm currently volunteering in a company to work but not a full time job (not paid job). My husband has I140 approved and I want to convert to H4 EAD. My options are: 1. I am planning to wait till March and search for full time job. If I get, then ask them to file for H1 this year if picked then ok or else I have to file to OPT extension. 2. I don't get a job by March then I have to file for H4 and EAD.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
A full analysis of eligibilities, options and strategies for you would require more information, including information about your husband's approved I-140 application, its visa category, your and his nationality, etc. There really is no substitute for consulting with an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant information, would be able to advise you and would be able to offer legal representation in pursuing the most appropriate course of action.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/20/2017
Click to View More Answers: